The Ride-Along Program was developed to encourage citizens and future firefighters to ride out with along with one of the fire companies. As an observer, the citizens can gain first-hand experience on what it is like to be a firefighter. It also increases the citizen's knowledge of daily operations and emergency incident mitigation. Citizens can ride-along any weekday between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.
The following requirements must be met for any non-employee of the Lake Saint Louis Fire District to participate in the Ride-Along Program:
- Observers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Observers must provide a copy of their valid driver license for proof of age.
- Observers must complete and sign a Ride-Along Request Form.
- Observers must complete and sign a Ride-Along Permit, Release and Indemnification Agreement Form.
- Observers must obtain a criminal background check.
- Both of the above forms must be approved by the Fire Chief.
- Observers must have permission of the on-duty Captain or Acting Captain.
- Observers must schedule their ride-along with the on-duty Captain or Acting Captain.
- Observers must adhere to the following dress code:
- Navy blue or gray shirt (T-Shirts are permitted, no markings)
- Navy blue pants (no jeans).
- Black shoes or boots (black tennis shoes are permitted).
- Observation hours are limited to the following:
- Civilians: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Firefighters: Firefighters from other agencies may ride 24 hour shifts
- Food and beverages are the responsibility of the Observer.
- All persons participating in the Ride-Along Program shall operate only as observers unless otherwise directed by Fire District Supervisor.
- All Observers shall conduct themselves accordingly. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and could cause immediate dismissal from the Ride-Along Program.
If you have any questions regarding the ride along program, please contact us at 636-561-9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.